Once one has decided to download the Graboid free
video downloader, you need to follow and read through these simple steps
to install the software. These helpful tips, also provide answers to some
of the frequently asked questions, regarding installation and use of Graboid.
Browsing through the article may save one from the unnecessary hassle of
having to call a technical service operator for troubleshooting of the software.
1. Before installing the program, a prompt regarding User Terms will appear and one will have to read through and agree to these in order to continue the installation process.
2. Aside from the Graboid video software, two other applications will be included in the installation. These programs are the Mozilla Activex Control and the VLC Player. These programs are needed for playback of your future downloaded videos. Note also that if your computer does not currently have the Windows 2.0.net framework, the Graboid software will also install this as part of the package.
The Windows 2.0.net framework is integral in the Graboid software package as this allows for the download of the various videos. A common mistake upon set-up is failing to allow for the additional installation of this software. Remember to approve its installation when prompted on notification regarding the Microsoft.net framework. The installer will then automatically install and download the needed application upon clearance.
3. After installation of the above mentioned software, one will need to register these. Be reminded that THIS REGISTRATION IS FREE OF CHARGE. You will only have to click on the ‘New Account’ link and complete the registration details asked for.
At this point, one of the more frequently encountered problems is failure to activate the account due to registration issues. These issues arise because Graboid is IP address specific in registration of the product and thusly it allows only one account per IP address. Users from the same network therefore will be blocked once a member has already previously registered and an error message will appear that the IP address cannot be successfully registered as it was found to be shared with another user. A suggested solution to bypass this error is to go to a friend (one with a different IP address), login and install the software from their computer. Follow the installation process as previously stated and then run the program from there. An alternative solution also is to purchase a VPN connection or switching ISP connections. These alternatives though may be a bit pricier such that these are only recommended if one really needs to use the Graboid video software. One may explore and exhaust other possible solutions first and check thoroughly if the IP address is indeed the problem before proceeding with these alternative solutions.
4. After successfully installing and registering the product, it is now ready for use. Your default browser will now open a ‘Welcome’ page to the software and explanation on how to use the Graboid video will appear. For step-by-step guide on usage of Graboid for free video downloads, one may read and check on this described page for instructions.
5. For future use and ease in access, the Graboid software will have a quick lauch icon on desktop. If this icon does not appear after the installation process, it would be probably because you have unselected it during the installation process. As an alternative therefore, one can access it by clicking the start menu, then going to the program icon thereafter choosing the Graboid video program. If one is intent on having the quick launch icon on the desktop, it can restored by going to “C:\Program Files\Graboid\Graboid Video \” and clicking on the GraboidClient button. As last resort, if launch icon still does not appear, one can opt to try to reinstall the program and clicking on “Make desktop shortcut” choice during the installation process.